Focus tracking

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
OP DavidWright2010 Senior Member • Posts: 1,739
Re: maybe the SelEX mode

Oiche wrote:

DavidWright2010 wrote:

KPM2 wrote:

Hello again DavidWright2010

I will not waist your time, but it can be that the SelEX mode of your K 70 is such a multi AF field with a pointed out AF point. It looks like your K 70 is the first camera, who had this mode. Later models, like the K3, K1, KP have SelS SelM SelL and I for example did described my K1, KP. But SelS should be maybe similar to your SelEX on your K 70.

Maybe ask if this SelEX mode for the AF-C is fast enough, or if it slow down your AF system

best regards KPM2

Thanks again.

I don't have the manual downloaded on this computer, but reading the focus options on-line was also totally confusing.

This is not a Pentax-specific bash - companies spend millions of dollars developing a produce - why can't they write a decent manual?

Maybe because few people read them including me. Your K-70 on AF-C using the centre point should be good, I don't use the multipoints as I can't get it to work as well. I find the back AF button to be excellent (on the K-30 it was in a stupid place where you couldn't use it looking through the viewfinder).

Yes. I just went out and tried multipoints. That focused at other spots I didn't want, so back to single point.

Experiment and practice with both single and multi-point AF on AF-C (AF-S is only for static targets) and see which works best for you but the single definitely works for me using the DA* 60-250 f4.

I didn't have focus issues with tripod mounted landscape pix...

But bird pix (esp. BIF) are challenging and fun. I might try a different lens though.

So lucky you have these beaufiful eagles nearby, I have never seen one as they were wiped out by poachers in Ireland. They are trying to introduce Golden Eagles again but so far only 3 pairs have bred with great difficulty. Looking forward to your focussed eagles! 😉

I hope to oblige.

David

DavidWright2010's gear list:DavidWright2010's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma SD1 Merrill Pentax K-1 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow