Worse than I thought

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
NCV
OP NCV Veteran Member • Posts: 8,812
Re: That wasn't my experience in Europe

Martin Ocando wrote:

I saw quite a few Olympus and Panasonic cameras, all over Europe. Many E-M1s, a few E-M5 Mark II, and quite a lot Panasonics. A few FF DSLRs, and just a handful Sonys. The mainstream was always Canon APS-C kits, which they usually sell in buckets. It was a surprise, really. I wasn't expecting to see so many m43 cameras.

BTW, I wonder what would be the intention of this thread. I can see that is a controversial topic, merely subjective and just the opinion of a self-proclaimed "industry expert" simply because he has a photography blog. So I'm worried that it might contribute to the toxicity of this forum so many times complained by the OP.

We'll keep an eye on this thread.

Hogan is one of the more serious commentators with a long track record. I just found those numbers surprising, I had always imagined that they had a constant sort of share, not one that has lost 5% in just a few months or years.

Here in Europe it is true that one sees a lot of M43 around, I have a local dealer that pushes M43 quite hard.

But I think it is worth watching those numbers in this strange moment for photography. Olympus have form when it comes to abandoning systems. They did it with film cameras and they did it with 4/3.

I use the trade in value of my equipment to upgrade, Like many, it makes my photography affordable. Digital photography gear has a useful life of about five or six years now.

I am due to replace my aging EM5's next year or so. If I continue with M43, I want to buy gear that has a good possibility of being supported over time. I do not want to find myself in the position of those who bought a rather good Samsung camera and then found it out that Samsung had stopped making cameras.

As for "toxicity", well what I have objected to was the guy who wished me a "nasty end". In fact I lodged a complaint to DPR to which I have had no reply yet.

NCV's gear list:NCV's gear list
Nikon D700 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D810
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow