Worse than I thought

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Paul Auclair Veteran Member • Posts: 5,295
not my experience in Canada as of late either

Martin Ocando wrote:

I saw quite a few Olympus and Panasonic cameras, all over Europe. Many E-M1s, a few E-M5 Mark II, and quite a lot Panasonics. A few FF DSLRs, and just a handful Sonys. The mainstream was always Canon APS-C kits, which they usually sell in buckets. It was a surprise, really. I wasn't expecting to see so many m43 cameras.

when I get “out” of my house to use my camera, ie. in a forest, I might see m4/3 (any mix of Pana/Oly lenses bodies) shooters once in a while and certainly not on every occasion.
On the 12th of may I was out in the forest and I must have seen 6-8 other camera operators. I saw 2 Lumix models and one Oly mk2. So including myself (EM1X) half or more of the birders were shooting m4/3s.

BTW, I wonder what would be the intention of this thread. I can see that is a controversial topic, merely subjective and just the opinion of a self-proclaimed "industry expert" simply because he has a photography blog. So I'm worried that it might contribute to the toxicity of this forum so many times complained by the OP.

We'll keep an eye on this thread.

-- hide signature --

Martin
"One of the biggest mistakes a photographer can make is to look at the real world and cling to the vain hope that next time his film will somehow bear a closer resemblance to it" - Galen Rowell

-- hide signature --

as always,
thank you fellow DPR members for your kind words and encouragement.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow