Worse than I thought

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
absquatulate Forum Pro • Posts: 10,183
Re: Worse than I thought

tokumeino wrote:

Felice62 wrote:

Good luck keeping at base ISO with a Fuji camera that has no ibis compared to an M4/3's camera which has 6 stops worth.

the 6 Fstop figures are only worth when shooting immobilized scenes.

At that stage you had a tripod to anything capable of taking a picture and your 6 stop advantage is gone for good...

Most of the time, I'm not making pictures of rocks only. Even tree branches do move a bit.

More seriously, I really believed that I would miss IBIS. But actually, it was not the case. I'm shooting daylight most of the time. And indoor in dull light, I'm mostly shooting people anyway, where IBIS don't help. For people, I only had to learn a bit of technique to keep my hands a bit steadier.

For video, it makes a really huge difference. But not for photography, and at least not for me.

Of course, if you shoot cityscapes by night and don't want to use a tripod, then IBIS helps. But in real life, there is no such thing as a X stops difference. Note that many lenses are stabilize, and that even if OIS is not spectacular in videos, it can however help for stills.

I'm now owning Fuji gear for more than one year so it's not new and I know the shortcomings, among which the lack of IBIS if far from beeing the most important one.

It very much depends on what and how you shoot of course, for me it's a huge gain.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow