Your f/1.4 35mm AF Preferences

Started 1 month ago | Polls thread
thiefofpresence
OP thiefofpresence Contributing Member • Posts: 665
Re: Your f/1.4 35mm AF Preferences

thiefofpresence wrote:

For this lens role, I am wondering what people have and are happy with. If you aren't happy with what you have, vote for what you want instead (your "preference").

Personally I think I will be happy with 90% of the AF keeper rate of the presumed Sony native reference performance. Learning that this is not realistic from the 3rd parties would be valuable (if not sad) to learn.

Am particularly interested in the "native" sigma (which for all intents and purposes embeds the MC11 in the lens) versus the "adapted" sigma. If one or the other side wins that, that would be interesting experiences to learn about.

The Samyang/Rokinon experiences (on "both sides") would also be valuable.

Meant to include the option:

"Left the f/1.4 family of options because of weight/price/quality and am happier with a smaller max aperture 35mm lens (please indicate in a comments)

-- hide signature --

https://www.instagram.com/thiefofpresence
Sony A7iii | Zeiss Batis 2/25; Sony FE 1.8/85 | Sony FE 4/24-105 G OSS; Sony FE 4/70-200 G OSS; Sigma 150-600 (+MC-11)

thiefofpresence's gear list:thiefofpresence's gear list
Sony a7 III Voigtlander 21mm F4 Color Skopar Pancake II Sony FE 70-200 F4 Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow