Your experience with Canon EF 24-104 STM lens?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Tony124 Forum Member • Posts: 60
Re: Your experience with Canon EF 24-104 STM lens?

I plan to shoot without flash.

I already have a Canon EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 USM II lens on the 6D. It works relatively well for outdoor shooting when light is not an issue. But for indoor it's not that good. I must also remember not to use the aperture <= f/5 to avoid unsharpness with this lens.

I am not an advanced photographer; I take pictures mostly of my family, friends and relatives. I guess what I need is a versatile lens that doesn't have to be the best in any area, but also does most of things reasonably well, without me having to remember its particular weaknesses.

The Canon EF 24-104 STM lens would be a very good upgrade from Canon EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 USM II for that purpose, but I am still wondering if the extra price is worthwhile for the Canon 24-105mm f/4 L IS. I plan to buy used, the STM version costs about 250 EUR and the L version costs about 400 EUR.

Perhaps it comes down to the question: is the 150 EUR difference worth the benefit of having the aperture f/4 on the longer end of the L lens?

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow