Focus tracking

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DavidWright2010 Senior Member • Posts: 1,716
Focus tracking

I remember that there was a long and heated discussion about the Pentax capability for tracking a moving object, which I pretty much ignored as landscapes don't move much.

But currently I'm in a bird-rich environment, and have the K-70 and the Sigma 70-300 mm lens with me, so am attempting bird photos. Birds sitting on a perch are pretty good:

But I must be using the wrong mode, because once they start flying, AF doesn't appear to change. Here's a burst of 11 images (low rate) showing the eagle coming toward me, but focus (I shot at f/10) seems locked in the rooftop.

Here are enlargements of the eye (only 9, in 2 shots the eye wasn't visible), and the sequences goes down the first column, then down the second, etc.

Any quick help will be appreciated. I could probably figure it out for myself in a week or so, but I won't be here for a week.

Thanks in advance,

David

DavidWright2010's gear list:DavidWright2010's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma SD1 Merrill Pentax K-1 +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow