An Ultimate Travel Kit

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dr88man Regular Member • Posts: 124
An Ultimate Travel Kit

I decided to build the ultimate travel kit around the Fuji X-T3 body using the XF10-24 and XF55-200 lenses. I think this combination is unbeatable for weight, quality, value, versatility, and simplicity. Lugging 11+ lbs of Nikon FF gear has always been inhibitory for travel.

Two lenses covers the entire range from 15mm to 300mm (35mm equivalent). Looking over my pictures, I realize that I hardly use the middle focal ranges. The most common focal lengths in travel or landscape lie at the wide or tele end of the focal length range. I've decided to omit the middle range zoom in my travel kit.

The 55-200 lens was sharp from the outset, however, I had to go through 3 samples of the 10-24 lens before I found a well centered lens that was sharp in the corners. These lenses are very sharp at all focal lengths and apertures.

The entire kit weighs 4.5 lbs, less than half of my Nikon D810 FF system which includes the 14-24/2.8G, 24-70/2.8G, and 70-200/4G lenses. I don't think I'm missing anything with my new Fuji system. Portability and color rendition were the biggest reasons for getting into the Fuji system. The Fuji X-T3 and Capture One Pro 12 are an excellent combination resulting in excellent hue accuracy of jpegs. I spend much less time with RAF files than CR2 or NEF files on LR, which is another win for the Fuji system.

Thank you DP! I learned a lot on this Forum, and thought I'd share my experience with the group.

Kit:

Think Tank Storyteller 5 Shoulder Bag

Fuji X-T3 Body

XF10-24 Lens

XF55-200 Lens

Accessories: Hoya HD3 UV and Cir. Pol. filters for 62mm and 72mm. EF-X8 Flash. Extra NP-W126 battery, charger. Rain jacket.

Fuji X-T3, XF10-24, XF55-200.

Think Tank Storyteller 5 Shoulder Bag with all accessories.

Ultimate Travel Kit, with enough pockets for modest accessories.

Dr88man's gear list:Dr88man's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Nikon D810 Nikon Z7 Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +7 more
Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow