GR II Low Light ISO and General Opinions

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Harold66
Harold66 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,232
Re: GR II Low Light ISO and General Opinions

JICastle wrote:

Harold66 wrote:

JICastle wrote:

In seeking "General Opinions", I was just wondering what others think about the GRII still being a capable camera and why/how.

Hello

i have used the GR line for mire than a decade and used extensively the GRI & GRII since they came out. The user interface of the GRII is as good as it gets on a fixed lens camera

when I saw all the downgrades of the user interface on the new model , I bought a GRII back up while they are still around. Now i even have two back up

Haha, nice! That's cool, cuz real world use and handling really does matter, though it can often be an afterthought when tech specs steal our attention.

my advice to you is to buy the grIi and the wide angle converter as soon as you find one at a good price

Thanks for your advice. Do you think a used GRII is ok?

Well to be honest , i would not recommend it. Unless you found one barely used from a reputable dealer with some kind of warranty ( even 30 days would give you time to check the camera)

this is why i am recommending to buy a new one. Not sure what your budget is but you should be able to get one around 400$ or €

I am hesitant d/t possible dust already existing and am leery of buying used electronics in general because I've kinda been conditioned to think that way I guess. Also, does shutter count matter in a situation like this?

yes it does . Although both my GR I and II are doing fine, there has been reports of GR shutter problem around the 35,000 or 40,000

Harold

-- hide signature --

FOLLOW me on IG @ledaylightstudio.
thedemandingtraveler.org
www.haroldglit.com
IG :thedemandingtraveler

Harold66's gear list:Harold66's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Ricoh GR Ricoh GR II Olympus E-M5 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow