Z 14-30mm f4 S Lens Advice

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CASX-T2
CASX-T2 Regular Member • Posts: 186
Z 14-30mm f4 S Lens Advice

Received the Z 14-30mm f4 S Lens last week and have been undecided as to whether the Lens is a problem or my expectations are unreasonable, I have read through the corner-gate thread and contributed a few images and understand like cameras there is no such thing as a perfect Lens,( trade offs) Taking everything into account is this Lens as good as it gets for Landscape or for the money could i do better, i'm no expert when it comes to the technical side of things but do understand and don't expect this Lens to be perfect, If this Lens is as good as it gets i will be happy to live with that without complaints, Just unsure I'm not qualified enough to say the Lens is fine as a wide angle and live with the issues that brings like soft corners and distortion because its just the character of the Lens. Is it unreasonable to expect this Lens to be other than what it is ?

-- hide signature --

A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference.
— Eeyore, Winnie the Pooh
Nikon Z7
Nikon Z 24-70mm f4 S Lens
Nikon Z 14-30mm f4 S Lens
Nikon Z 35mm f1.8 S Lens
Fujifilm X-T2'
Fujinon XF 10-24mm F/4.0 OIS
Fujinon XF 16-55mm F/2.8 R

CASX-T2's gear list:CASX-T2's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon Z7 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow