GR II Low Light ISO and General Opinions

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JICastle New Member • Posts: 11
GR II Low Light ISO and General Opinions

Hello! I'm new to the forum, Ricoh cameras, dedicated Point and Shoots (have used iPhone for years),  but I'm in the market for a GRII or GRIII. I've been into photography on and off for several years, but am finally honing in on my preferences and personal artistic path. The Ricoh GR line seems to offer exactly what I'm after in all aspects.

Regarding Ricoh Cameras - I like the updates I've read about the GRIII, but I really love the price of the GRII and the fact that I can get the GW-3 adapter (because I REALLY love that option) for under the price of the GRIII alone.

My thought is that the GRII has worked so well for so many people for several years that given my newbie position, it should be absolutely fine for me. The only concern I have is the low light ISO/image noise (Not too concerned about the slow low light  AF. I'm fine using snap/taking my time composing shots). I'm not after exposing or brightening a low-light shot by cranking the ISO just to be able to see everything better. I want a natural shot, with the shadows and dim lighting as they are - a natural representation of the environment. Are photos like this possible with minimal grain, perhaps using 1600-3200 max iso?

Thanks!

Ricoh GR II Ricoh GR III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow