Am I wise not to trust Adobe entirely?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP ADW02 Regular Member • Posts: 219
Re: Am I wise not to trust Adobe entirely?

EE-TV wrote:

The comments on their own official forums are horrendous. People literally in their droves up in arms, helpless, desperate, freaking out about how they have been, and are being, screwed over. Seriously, some of these comments need to be looked at...

You may never see the "company" in the same light again:

https://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud/content

This is an excellent post, and I very much appreciate your sending this. From letters like this I think I'm wise to have a backup program in case Adobe does suddenly double its subscription rate for basic photo development.

What I'm beginning to notice is that the Trio of On1 RAW 2019, Luminar 3 and Affinity Photo can do everything Photoshop can do in terms of processing and enhancing photos, and do it without annual subscription costs. Buying these programs is a bit expensive, initially, but if Adobe increases its subscription prices substantially, these one-time fees make sense.

Where Photoshop holds a big advantage over the Trio is in speed and convenience. Photoshop can access Nik, Topaz filters and adjustments, On1 RAW and Luminar 3 quickly and smoothly (I haven't checked to see if it can access Affinity), and when processing is done in these programs they are quickly returned to Photoshop with all developments intact. The Trio just can't  do that--yet. But if the Trio can learn to live in the same house, so to speak, Photoshop will be  history for me.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow