LCD portable Monitor recommendations

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MikeM58 Contributing Member • Posts: 528
LCD portable Monitor recommendations

Looking for recommendations for a portable LCD monitor for my Nikon.  I want to use it for Astrophotography,

Meaning, my D7100 doesn't have a flip LCD screen, which makes it hard to see at certain angles - especially when you are trying to focus when the camera is pointed at a tough angle.

So I figured that if I could hook up a 7 inch external screen to the camera, that would assist me in focusing on a star or moon without bending at a tough angle to see the screen, which is on the camera, that would make my life a bit easier.

I've heard about these monitors but they are being used by people doing videos.  Not doing that, just looking for help in focusing the camera by using one of these monitors.

All I need it to do is help me to see clearly my target and get the image in focus.  So, I am not looking to spend big dollars on this either for what I am looking for it to do for me.

Any thoughts?

MikeM58's gear list:MikeM58's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +2 more
Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow