Yep, sold all my gears for RP and Canon.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
zstekar Regular Member • Posts: 199
Yep, sold all my gears for RP and Canon.

The only camera that I feel bad selling was the Leica Q (still the best camera I've ever owned). But at the end, that RP is such a simple camera to use with awesome JPEGs (not being 'forced' to shoot RAW is a very welcome thing). Attach the RF 35 and it makes for a great street/everyday setup. Macro/Portrait/Food? That 100mm L IS lens is fabulous. Traveling? RF 24-105. Video? For what I do, I favor the flip screen over 24fps or uncropped 4K. And those RF lenses are well-made, and optically very good. I less and less shoot sports these days and so an not optimal C-AF is not an issue for me.

Specs are just that, specs. In real life, I find the RP very satisfying once you use it under different situations that life/moments throw at you. Birthday, portrait, quick snaps, switching from photo to video, etc...It's like a Rebel on steroids. And that's what i need to avoid missing a shot, a camera that i can turn on, great ergonomics, with very few button/options, but enough manual controls when needed. I shoot in Av and spot metering most of the time. Face or spot focus. Oh, and that 470EX AI flash is working super pleasantly with he camera.

Thought I'd share my experience for folks who may rely too much on specs, reviews, etc...

zstekar's gear list:zstekar's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Canon EOS M100 Canon EOS RP Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Rokinon 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye CS +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow