Upgrade Lenses vs. Changing Systems

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Cato1040
Cato1040 Senior Member • Posts: 2,706
Re: Upgrade Lenses vs. Changing Systems

kcdogger wrote:

I'd forget the Sony. No IBIS and very expensive glass. I have the Sony a6000, two lens kit, and it mostly sits. I also have a Nikon D3300 and 5-6 lenses for it. Honestly, It also mostly sits also, but I think it is a better camera.

For IBIS, it depends on which Sony. The OP was looking at the A6300 and the A7II. Why does it mostly sit? Because it sits for you, doesn't mean it'll sit for someone else (though it doesn't mean it won't either).

I mostly shoot M4/3 now. Small in size and very nice lenses. Might look at that. Note: I also just bought a Nikon D90 for $160 and a Nikon D300 for $200. They are older, but still good (always wanted the D90, and the D300 was just a smokin' deal.)

I suggest staying with your Nikon D3400 and upgrading your lenses OR upgrading to a Nikon D5XXX, OR going to M4/3 if you want to change systems.

The Sony a6000 is small, like M4/3, but I just never have warmed up to it.

Peace.

John

Cato1040's gear list:Cato1040's gear list
Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS Fujifilm X100T Panasonic LX10 NEX5R Nikon D600 +19 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow