Macro lens suggestions for Z6?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Regular Member • Posts: 470
Re: Macro lens suggestions for Z6?

jbroehl wrote:

It doesn't appear that there is a Z mount macro lens in the Nikon roadmap so far. I just got the Z6 and would like to start shooting macro shots of insects, etc.

What does anyone more knowledgeable than me recommend for a lens? With no Z-mount that I'm aware of, I assume it will have to be an F-mount lens that I use with the FTZ adapter.

I saw some good praise for the rather affordable ($520) Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM Macro Lens for Nikon F. Good value choice?

What else should I consider? Thanks!

i suggest that you avoid the  Tamron SP 90mm F2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro (F004)  unless someone here has reports counter to my experience on the ftz:  it does mount without error messages but i am finding af is hit or miss and the vr is making a strange noise.

whether you use af in not in macro is another issue but i found it useful sometimes for insects/ outside flowers in the breeze etc when i didnt have time to mf the subject.

It is bit short for a macro anyway to my taste though it was a cracking good lens on my d750 and still is on my d500.

I would go with other people's suggestions and look to the micro nikkor 105 or the sigma macros.

extension tubes in mf might work ok with something out of the ark  like the 180 f2.8 ais  on the ftz - must have a go myself

richard

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow