Macro lens suggestions for Z6?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Michel Jarry
Michel Jarry Contributing Member • Posts: 518
Re: Macro lens suggestions for Z6?

jbroehl wrote:

It doesn't appear that there is a Z mount macro lens in the Nikon roadmap so far. I just got the Z6 and would like to start shooting macro shots of insects, etc.

What does anyone more knowledgeable than me recommend for a lens? With no Z-mount that I'm aware of, I assume it will have to be an F-mount lens that I use with the FTZ adapter.

I saw some good praise for the rather affordable ($520) Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM Macro Lens for Nikon F. Good value choice?

What else should I consider? Thanks!

The Nikon 105 mm f/2.8d AF Micro-Nikkor can be found on the Web for just a few hundred bucks. It will work in manual focus only but I found it really easy to use when adapted to my Z7 with the help of Focus Peaking.

I shot all the following pictures with my Z7 and this lens. I used two Kenko extension tubes for the spider shot and all of these shots, except the butterflies, are (manually) focus-stacked and merged with Helicon Focus.

In my opinion, this lens is as sharp as the current one which I owed before venturing to Fuji for a while. I love using it.

-- hide signature --

Michel Jarry

Michel Jarry's gear list:Michel Jarry's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon 85mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR Nikon Z 35mm F1.8 Nikon Z 14-30mm F4 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow