Which camera takes better pictures of Nokia Lumia 1020 RAW (DNG) or Nokia 808 JPEG quality 100%?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Jostian
Jostian Veteran Member • Posts: 3,451
Re: Which camera takes better pictures of Nokia Lumia 1020 RAW (DNG) or Nokia 808 JPEG quality 100%?

_vlad wrote:

vv50 wrote:

_vlad wrote:

Van Nostrand wrote:

In optimal lighting conditions I think the 808 has the least amount of inherent noise at the lowest iso. And overall more natural looking color / images. My pick is 808.

Now the question is what are those optimal lighting conditions. And what kind of object you can shoot when you are limited to 150-200 ISO.

a better question is why would a photographer want a camera in a phone that takes images only in studio and optimal lighting conditions

no, he just said it takes great photos in good lighting, rather that than a phone that sux across the board, good light is where the 808 is strongest, pretty simple actually.

Yes - there is something I do not understand - but OK, he is asking for advice

I think normal daylight shots are what he's referring to the type of lighting that makes up 80 to 90% of what we take... (similar conditions to the many photos posted from the 808), no one would use it in a studio, seriously, whoever brought in the studio idea is missing the boat, its a phone.

-- hide signature --
 Jostian's gear list:Jostian's gear list
Nikon D700 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Nikon D500 Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 Di VC USD Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow