Canon EOS RP sales nosedive in Japan

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Handiworks
Handiworks Regular Member • Posts: 390
Re: I don't think it's surprising

lawny13 wrote:

I say it to everyone. Don't bet on sony, canon, or nikon yet. Now that they big two have entered FF MILC, and not even a year has passed, it is simply too soon to call it. People are grasping at straws when they do. Canon will focus on lenses a lot, while sony will push the body features as much as possible to compensate for what they lack in terms of lens design. Sony is still good at it, but I don't expect f1.2 lenses or for them to match the potential price, size, weight that the wider Z/RF mounts will provide us.

Well said.  This was in part my reasoning for choosing the RP.  I am open to every system right now but there are features and specs I like about each one so I went with the least expensive option that met all my needs sans a few wants (IBIS & weather sealing!).  I also went with the 24-105 EF STM as again it cost less but I will also be able to use it on a Sony should that be a direction I later choose.  I’ve been somewhat shocked how much I like the RP.  I thought it would feel and perform like a budget camera, thankfully it does not.

-- hide signature --

Canon RP, Canon EF 24-105 STM, Olympus OMD-EM1, & some other bits.
"The present is the only place where time touches eternity" C.S. Lewis

Handiworks's gear list:Handiworks's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow