Canon EOS RP sales nosedive in Japan

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
diness Veteran Member • Posts: 3,190
Re: Canon EOS RP+R keeper FF sales #1+#2 in Japan (Sony A7III = #1 FF dumper (buy+dump)

PhozoKozmos wrote:

jay-A wrote:

mcslsk wrote:

WSteveP wrote:

https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/news/canon-eos-rp-sales-nosedive-in-japan

Article blames lack of native lenses. However given the compatability of EF lenses (with adapter) I'm not sure that would be the reason.

I wonder how sales are in north America and Europe.

Comments?

https://www.canonwatch.com/world-press-photo-2019-winners-used-canon-and-nikon-a-few-fuji-sony-and-leica-insignificant/

Canon will need to get the transition of their core customers, i.e. those who use their cameras to make a living, right. All else is peanuts. The R is a good start.

I don't get your logic - this is a small number of users, so what is really the point in getting these to transition while the rest massively switch to Sony?

• the trend is Sony A7III is the #1 dumped FF MILC on record

This shows used sales not dumps, it’s still being sold, just in used form.   Obviously it has far more used bodies out there because it’s older...  it’s not rocket science

Canon EOS RP+R keeper FF sales #1+#2 in Japan (March 2019)

has nothing to do with whether or not they’ll keep it.  Just a new purchase.  You can’t even buy the RP used because there are none available at this point.

(Sony A7III = #1 FF dumper (buy+dump) sales (repeat buy of any one camera unit = doubles the sale of any single unit) March 2019.

it's obvious those dumping Sony FF A7III (in 2018+2019) in record numbers are massively switching to Canon FF MILCs: 2019 EOS RP or 2018 EOS R

how is that obvious?   Some are doing that for sure, but some are probably buying Nikons or A9s or A7riiis.  You are assuming a ton here.

Fact is, I buy stuff used all the time.  Doesn’t mean I want t less, just means I want a deal.   The fact that there are tons more used Canon Ef 70-200 f2.8 ii lenses out there than version iii doesn’t mean the ii is worse, it’s jsut been out longer

Japan is predominantly Canon buyer/keeper/users territory.

-- hide signature --

pzk
phos.zoe.kosmos (light.life.world)
phos-kosmos (light of the world)
phos-zoe (light of life)
photo-graph-them-all!

diness's gear list:diness's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Sony a7 III Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Tamron SP 70-200 F2.8 G2 Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 G2
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow