Sony A7r3 set to Adobe RGB

Started May 5, 2019 | Discussions thread
RGBCMYK
RGBCMYK Senior Member • Posts: 2,196
Re: Sony A7r3 set to Adobe RGB

MarcoE wrote:

RGBCMYK wrote:

Shooting RAW it doesn't matter what your camera is set to. Monitors can display 99-100% of Adobe RGB, web is sRGB, printers can print colors outside of SRGB and even some printers can print some colors outside of Adobe RGB. What is really important is calibration and profiled devices and (managing) understanding the color workflow to get the best out of your equipment and the best representation of your images in the other spaces. Remember if you shoot jpg and sRGB once the color space is reduced down you sRGB can not go back to the larger space and retain your original colors in the larger space.

i shoot RAW only. So adobe rgb in camera set does not matter you say ?

You are correct.  When you open a raw file it is open in the colorspace of the raw processor and then is converted into the chosen space upon export.  LR for example actually opens the file in a color space very similar to ProPhoto  (I believe it was called Melisa RGB when they were developing it) and then when you export or open in another program it is then converted into that color space.  LR doesn't look at the color space set in the camera if you show RAW.

-- hide signature --

My street photography with over 1000 images https://www.instagram.com/chris_broughton/
www.christopherbroughton.com

RGBCMYK's gear list:RGBCMYK's gear list
Epson Stylus Pro 4900 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow