Canon EOS RP sales nosedive in Japan

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ZX11
ZX11 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,748
I got mine

WSteveP wrote:

https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/news/canon-eos-rp-sales-nosedive-in-japan

Article blames lack of native lenses. However given the compatability of EF lenses (with adapter) I'm not sure that would be the reason.

I wonder how sales are in north America and Europe.

Comments?

What dropping sales on a new FF entry level camera  mean to a fairly successful company doesn't matter to me since I have a camera I like.

The RP seems to fit nicely in the Canon body line up. Higher sales would be better but, even without great sale numbers, it still fills a hole in the camera line up that needs filling (a better cheaper 6D).

The RP is a good step up for those who enter the hobby by buying a Rebel.  Whatever lens the beginner wound up buying for their Rebel, as they dug deeper into the hobby, will work on their first full frame camera (EOS RP).  Easy as possible step up.

Not real. Note the game cross hairs and loading bar.  But good FF DOF and colors.

-- hide signature --

"Very funny, Scotty! Now beam me down my clothes."
"He's dead, Jim! You grab his tri-corder. I'll get his wallet."

ZX11's gear list:ZX11's gear list
Canon EOS 700D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow