** Weekly X Series Photo Thread 28 APR - 04 MAY** Thread 2 ... Only 36 more hours?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Jerry-astro
MOD Jerry-astro Forum Pro • Posts: 13,816
Re: Giants over the land

kiwi2 wrote:

I took this one a few days ago but not really sure if I like it that much yet. Even though I got some nice setting sunlight on the rolling hills, I think the sky is too uninteresting considering the amount of frame it is taking up.

I think maybe shot at night under a small amount of moonlight lighting up the spinning blades with the stars trailing across the sky might make this particular view more interesting.

Jerry-astro, the photo details you asked about in the previous weekly thread - I can't read the EXIF fully anymore and I think from memory it was around a 10 minute single exposure at f/2.5 ISO 400 with the Canon 50mm 1.8 II. Some high thin cloud had drifted across and made the brighter stars of the Southern Cross itself appeared bigger as the light scattered through the thin cloud.

(You can see the same effect happening in this time lapse near the start at 10 seconds)

Thanks for that. A really interesting effect.

I really love this image... the colors are definitely in the realm of the magical (to use a rather hackneyed, but in this case, very appropriate term). What catches my eye is both the contrast between the warm tones of the earth and the cooler tone of the clouds along with the way the reddish clouds complement the earth tones in your foreground.

Probably too darn many words on my part... to summarize: I like it a lot!

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fujifilm X Forum Co-Mod

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow