RACKED BY INDECISION

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bodensee Regular Member • Posts: 121
RACKED BY INDECISION

Good morning (in the UK) colleagues.

I'm a Libran so indecision comes naturally to me. WIth the now inevitable death of Aperture I've hummed and hahed and have come to the conclusion that Lightroom is probably the best solution for me. Let's not get into the whys and wherefores. I've already in the past had to abandon MediaPro, now Aperture, I hate software really.

I was about to start the process of transferring my Aperture library across but stopped to have a final think. All my photos are referenced not in the library so how does that work? In looking at some answers it was suggested that the best way to do it was to forget Aperture completely and just start from scratch with a clean slate. This does have some attractions in that it seems to be easier at the start and some structural mistakes made in Aperture are not transferred, also because any adjustments are lost anyway I can revisit from a new perspective.

Assuming some of you have actually done this, move from Aperture to Lightroom, do you have any suggestions or tips or even some opinions on whether starting from scratch is the best way?

As always thank you for any replies.

-- hide signature --

Bodensee

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow