** Weekly X Series Photo Thread 28 APR - 04 MAY** Thread 2 ... Only 36 more hours?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
kiwi2
kiwi2 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,518
Re: Giants over the land

Bob Tullis wrote:

I find this to be a most calming scene, simple but with subtle interest that the light makes more so. After I might ever capture something like this, I'd make this a frequent return visit location, if not for one better, for the variation of atmospheres. That is, I'd love to see what you do with this location, subsequently - is this relatively local for you (local enough)?

Yes it's a magical spot and somewhere I plan to visit again. It's about an hour and 1/2 drive from where I live, but a lot of it is dirt roads and will also be hard to access through winter if there is lots of snow about. But I certainly plan to get back soon and shoot this at night under the stars and some moonlight to light the scene up.

It's also a special area to me because the far hills in the background is where I spent 11 years working on a farm when I was younger and where I fell in love with the dark rule skies and astronomy and optics. It was working with such a view on a daily basis and seeing the light and whether change constantly and nature's moods is what started me off in photography.

-- hide signature --
 kiwi2's gear list:kiwi2's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T100 Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow