edform wrote:

nigelbb wrote:

edform wrote:

Rodger1943 wrote:

edform wrote:

Bassy wrote:

ed last week i traded in my sigma 150mm-600mm lens and bought the rx 10 1v

now my shoulders and neck can take a rest

Hi Bassy, and Roger - I do like the results I'm getting, but I'm definitely in two minds.

What is it that concerns you, Ed? I'd be interested to hear.

It's purely the weight; the day-long challenge of a heavy camera is the concern.

I had an RX10-iv and loved it, but I wanted a better portrait camera so I sold it and bought an A7 that, bluntly, I disliked. It went in favour of the Nikon Z6, which I love, but, with a long lens on it, my preferred carry-in-the-hand approach no longer works - by the end of our day at the zoo on Tuesday my back was aching from walking with a slight leftward lean to compensate for the weight.

I came to the conclusion that there is simply no "one size fits all" camera or camera system & have now I think achieved the ideal balance. For portraits or when I seriously intend to "do photography" I use my Nikon D810. For the zoo the RX10M4 is perfect. All other times the RX100M6 is in my pocket.

I can't possibly do 3 cameras!

As a last resort your phone can be the 3rd camera.

Not if it remains permanently in the centre console of my car, which mine does. Or to phrase it another way: I don't do mobile phones. 

-- hide signature --

Ed Form

edform's gear list:edform's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow