Canon EOS RP sales nosedive in Japan

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
PhozoKozmos
PhozoKozmos Senior Member • Posts: 1,545
Re: dumped A7III USED sales record setting @ #1 in Japan (ah-ha!)

XeroJay wrote:

PhozoKozmos wrote:

WSteveP wrote:

https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/news/canon-eos-rp-sales-nosedive-in-japan

Article blames lack of native lenses. However given the compatability of EF lenses (with adapter) I'm not sure that would be the reason.

• article ignores relevant sales data; counting only partial data is misleading
  • EOS RP likely outsells A7III if one includes full data
  • sony selling to resellers account for bulk of Sony sales, like A7III
  • sony resellers also selling more used A7III than all past Sony FF MILCs (new + old)
  • sony resellers also selling more used A7III than ALL non-Sony olded FF dSLRs (new + old)
  • sony resellers are receiving RECORD SETTING #1 more dumped A7III to resell used than any other FF MILC in the same year of introduction on 2018, and now into 2019. = there is possibly a double-count (double dipping) of used A7III on top of new A7III numbers
  • data has zero visibility on direct-to-customer sales by Canon. (they have shifted predominantly to online sales)

I wonder how sales are in north America and Europe.

No one has real full sales data in Japan; but in rest of world, only search trends give a skewed hint.

• America (USA) has not yet started dumping A7III as fast as in Japan
  • UK/Australia/Canada are lagging like USA
  • EU, are ignoring Sonys, and curious only with Nikon Z6
  • EU = EOS R dominates over EOS RP, most buy online "locally".
  • East Asia + SE Asia are predominantly Canon R+RP+M50 only (users predominantly buy direct from Canon online): JP, KR, TW, PH, TH, HK, CN, SG, ID, etc
  • South Asia: is a mix: EOS R vs Z6 vs A7III (India); Turkey: mostly EOS M50 then EOS R.

Comments?

only users know how good their EOS R + RP are, and actual full sales data to real endusers are Unknown.

early buyers of EOS R + RP are MOSTLY those MINORITY who NEEDED to buy early, especially, if having any have dumped A7III back onto used market in record setting numbers (barely a few months old after getting it new)

the rest of EOS R + RP potential MAJORITY buyers wait for the usual 6+ months for seasonal sales (thx giving) and are not in any rush. uninterested in A7III shortcomings, or Nikon Z6 shortcomings. will get the exact RF or EF or EF-S or TSE lens they want.

this MAJORITY "buy later" pattern is normal for MOST enthusiast Canon buyers

Sony A7III fan's PREMATURE CELEBRATORY #1 sales (new + used = close behind) = A7III = record #1 dumped FF MILC ever, is an EMPTY VICTORY.

the rest of us ... raised eye-brows ... are vindicated in avoiding Sonys as mere overhyped ineffective gadgets, nothing more, but a waste of time.

That's a lot of suppositions... You really need to lay down some sources of your info.

this is a FACT, NOT a supposition:

• dumped A7III USED sales record setting @ #1 in Japan (ah-ha!)
  • this was actually reported TWICE (for 2 different months in 2019)
  • anti-canonites ignored it BOTH TIMES.
  • Canon is the world's LARGEST "direct-to-customer" (enduser) dedicated camera ONLINE seller of ALL their own cameras + lenses (other resellers don't come close; not even online) = FACT (I know, because I actually LOOKED; it's easy to LOOK)
  • if you NEVER LOOK, then what could you possibly know?!
  • if you don't care about LOOKING, that's just your way of thinking (i'm NOT going to suggest you change your outlook on anything; it's a matter of SELF-DISCOVERY)

one need only look at ALL the data (not half the data)

• those who deliberately skim, to avoid all the data; are the ones making all the hype (but knowingly omit the whole picture; and hope others spread the "partial picture" totally out of full context
  • the sources are in the open web, to which you'd be ignoring anyway; exactly as others are doing anyways; why would you look, when you can do likewise?

i'm quite satisfied with actually LOOKING at ALL the data, rather than NOT looking at it ALL.

• if you are sincere; you would not be asking me for something that's already there
  • i don't know your real motives for questioning me; but it's a fair bet, your real motive isn't sincere.
-- hide signature --

pzk
phos.zoe.kosmos (light.life.world)
phos-kosmos (light of the world)
phos-zoe (light of life)
photo-graph-them-all!

PhozoKozmos's gear list:PhozoKozmos's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II Venus Laowa 12mm F2.8 Zero-D
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow