** Weekly X Series Photo Thread 28 APR - 04 MAY** Thread 2 ... Only 36 more hours?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
jhorse Veteran Member • Posts: 3,285
Re: ** Weekly X Series Photo Thread 28 APR - 04 MAY** Thread 2 ... Only 36 more hours?

BobsYourUncle wrote:

Only 36hrs ...

Bob

Ok, I was holding off as my pictures this week are not to this thread's normal high standard. However, as the event was this week it makes no sense to wait, despite no time to post process due to work commitments.

We went to the London Marathon to watch a friend run (in 2hrs 58 mins - not too bad!). We started off at the top of the Shard so those images are taken though glass (and the panes were not that clean). Not a bad place for a morning coffee!

Then we went via walking over Tower Bridge to Victoria Embankment to watch at Mile 25.

Tower Bridge from the top of the Shard.

You can just make out some of the elite athletes.

The Tower of London from the top of the Shard.

HMS Belfast.

Charity banners on Tower Bridge.

Victoria Embankment, random athletes going well, Mile 25.

Ditto.

Love the 'wasp' man! You can just make out WaterAid's wand, which is the charity my daughter works for.

Hot in a bottle? What a superb effort for this person's charity.

Not the best photographically, but hope they convey some atmosphere. All taken with a XT3 (using Mike's AF-C dog frisbee settings!) and the 55-200 from the Shard or the 18-55 at ground level. Camera set to +1 sharpening, but no other PP done.

Enjoy.

-- hide signature --
 jhorse's gear list:jhorse's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Fujifilm XQ2 Sony RX100 IV Nikon D40 Fujifilm X-E3 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow