Canon EOS RP sales nosedive in Japan

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
diness Veteran Member • Posts: 3,188
Re: Canon EOS RP sales nosedive in Japan

I wouldn't be super concerned about it at this point if I were a Canon user.  That said, there were many on this forum that thought that Canon entering the market would mean Sony's quick demise, and this does show that it was probably a little premature to wave the victory flags.  Of course, many in the Sony forums will probably look at these figures and chuckle at Canon's expense and come up with their predictions for Canon's demise, which is also premature.

What I honestly don't understand on these forums is why we're so desperate for our camera maker to outsell the others and put them out of business?  Canon owners should be excited that Sony isn't going to fold all of a sudden.  Sony has put tremendous pressure on Canon to innovate.  Canon likely wouldn't have a full frame mirrorless right now if it weren't for Sony's mirrorless sales.  And Sony users should be glad that Canon and Nikon have gotten into the market to further push Sony as well.

diness's gear list:diness's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Sony a7 III Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Tamron SP 70-200 F2.8 G2 Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 G2
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow