Canon m50, need advise on the best bokeh head to toe solution video

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
007peter
007peter Forum Pro • Posts: 12,238
Human Size Bokeh @WIDE ANGLE = Fullframe advantage over APS-C

GRphotos wrote: I have to stand very far away to shoot persons body in a frame with the background blurred using with the viltrox and 50mm or 85mm, i now i that a wider lens would do the job but need to ask people with a m50 whats the best solution.

It is what it is.  To induce 'adequate' human-size-body BOKEH using an APS-C sensor, you need to rely on a Longish Telephoto prime like 85mm to sufficiently suppressed the backdrop.  The COST (-) as you said, is that you must stand  very far away (for full body shot) and model can't hardly hear you.

There is really no way around it.  While both Canon 17-55/2.8 & Sigma 18-35/1.8 can induce some background blur, I find their bokeh & subject isolation LACKING.  Backdrop still retain too much distracting details (not enough blur) to make the subject POP.

• If you want to take a Full Human Size body with Background Blur,
  • and you don't want to STAND very far away with a telephoto prime, 
  • then you're only realistic solution is a Fullframe Camera
  • Bigger sensor allow you to induce background blur @wider focal length

Have you consider Canon RP with RF 35mm f/1.8 STM IS Macro.  It a very affordable package and 35mm FF make it a great

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow