Canon 5d mk ii or fuji xt10

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Smithyboi New Member • Posts: 17
Re: Canon 5d mk ii or fuji xt10

Polybazze wrote:

darylmesa wrote:

I use my camera for everyday use. Family, street, vacantions, flowers etc. I used to do small exhibitions...but that was before my kids and I had more time to myself. Since, It’s mainly family photos...but I still want great image quality..

fuji lenses are just too expensive to invest in.

have you considered buying used? I have only bought used so far.

I strongly agree with this statement. I am coming back to photography after quite some time away.

I too was shocked at some of the costs, but that is modern life. By doing some research and looking around i have got myself a fantastic kit for a good price.

For £950 i have purchased, a new X-T1 Graphite Edition (250 actuations) with Vertical Grip, along with the 18-55mm and 55-200 (both in mint condition with B+W Filters).

Sure the body is a little old - but it was a "pro" body only a few years ago.

I appreciate you don't get a warranty, but if your careful there really are some great bargains to be had.

Personally for Family and Street shooting, the fuji system would be perfect.

As some others have said, Canon L glass can be expensive even second hand. Being an old Canon shooter, their standard range of lenses are simply no match for Fujinon in quality or build.

Smithyboi's gear list:Smithyboi's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow