Canon EOS RP sales nosedive in Japan

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Shiranai
Shiranai Regular Member • Posts: 343
Re: Canon EOS RP sales nosedive in Japan

I'll copy the same thing I wrote in the thread over at the cheering Sony group (and of course will get a lot of backlash for it):

Well first of all, these numbers just show one month and we don't know if there were any price reductions or sales going on in Japan which might be the reason for the rise in sales of the A7III. Also Sonys firmware update and advertisement for A.I. animal autofocus might be reason for increased sales.

Good for the Canon customer tho, cause Canon already reacted with reduced prices. So R and A7III are now on the same level and they will wait and see how this turns out.

Second I still see the RP as a success for Canon, cause its still selling better than its main competitor, the Sony A7 II, which sells way cheaper. And I think with the RP it was always Canons main intention to cut these margins from Sony.

Third, full frame mirrorless is only a chunk of the mirrorless market, in which Canon leads sales with the EOS M50 / M100 (27% of sales only with these 2). The full frame market is only a peanut of these sales, A7III is selling something like 2%.

Shiranai's gear list:Shiranai's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS R Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow