A couple of shots from Colonial Williamsburg

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Krav Maga
Krav Maga Senior Member • Posts: 2,693
Re: A couple of shots from Colonial Williamsburg

chaimav wrote:

All are SOOC.

I'm assuming SOOC JPEGs?

I think that all would have benefited immensely from being shot from a generally lower angle; at level with the subject's eyeline or just a tad lower. I realize that it appears as though you were probably shooting around and over other people, thus the lower angle may have been a challenge.

Number one is okay.

Number two would have benefited  from a lower angle for sure. Also, the wonky verticals are distracting (shooting more straight on would have helped in that regard); to me, anyway. Also, the errant shoulder in the lower left corner is a real bummer.

Number four would be the best of the bunch had it been shot from a much lower angle to include the entire cutting table, and if the hands weren't motion blurred; too slow of a shutter speed. Unless his hands had been in the actual process of doing something identifiable, and it were much tighter.

I generally like these kinds of shots.

-- hide signature --

I feel more like I do now than I did before ...
https://www.danielmedley.com

Krav Maga's gear list:Krav Maga's gear list
Nikon D5200 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow