Best camera orientated mobile in the 2nd tier

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ExpedBen Junior Member • Posts: 37
Best camera orientated mobile in the 2nd tier

I need a phone for my wife. To be used for linkedin, facebook and messaging plus as a camera. The phone will be the most important feature, the other apps are why it will be in her pocket. She is unquestionably a naturally better photographer than me in that she sees compositions I don't. But is adamant that despite having been on photography courses and being passionate about capturing her travels she won't carry more than her phone. I drag around a DSLR, 3 lenses, a bag of filters and a tripod on our travels and she just has her phone and still sees photo opportunities I miss.

We can't spend more than Iphone XR money and will do that begrudgingly. She has only had an iphone as a smartphone so moving her on from ios might be an issue. I can get a Huawei mate 20 pro for £150 GBP less than the XR and it looks like it is a better camera phone - possibly.

Any thoughts? Is the Huawei with its ultra wide, better zoom and native raw worth the comparative hassle of moving a technophobe from an operating system she is comfortable with.

Thoughts appreciated.

ExpedBen's gear list:ExpedBen's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC APO OS HSM
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow