A couple of shots from Colonial Williamsburg

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
tedolf
tedolf Forum Pro • Posts: 27,481
Rationalization.....

chaimav wrote:

tedolf wrote:

You are catching people at odd moments which makes the images unpleasant.

In the first shot you caught the woman at an unflattering moment in her stride. In another shot, the man's arms are in a weird position holding something. In another, you have motion blur in the man's arms, etc.

All of these can be fixed with timing. Be patient, anticipate where things are going to be-especially a quiescent moment in the flow, be quick on the trigger and you will have much more flattering photo's.

tEdolph

While I appreciate the comment that some of them could have been timed better, I rather like the in-stride moment of the first image. With her ramrod straight posture, it still allows for a sense of motion.

Rationalization is a powerful tool.

If you really believe what you are saying, enter it into a photo contest and see how it does.  There is a challenge contest right here on this website so it should be easy.

Besides, I also had to account for where she was relative to the background. I find her well balanced between the building and the tree at this moment.

See above.

tEdolph

tedolf's gear list:tedolf's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow