Ditching Canon for Sony (talk me off the ledge?)

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
photosen Veteran Member • Posts: 6,216
Is this for real?

Todd Meyers wrote:

I've been a Canon DSLR shooter since the first digital Rebel. Currently, I've got a decent collection of EF and EF-S lenses, a 70D, a 600D, various flashes and accessories, etc. As I've been a Canon loyalist for going on 20 years, I've watched as Sony went from a small wannabe to actually making me regret being stuck with all this Canon gear.

In-body stabilization - it seems Canon will never do this.

And conversely other brands don't do in lens stabilization, different philosophies.

Mirrorless APS-C - it isn't clear if Canon will ever do this, but I'm tired of waiting.

LOL so there's no M series? I'm starting to wonder about your honesty.

4K video - Canon seems to be the worst among the big players at video.

4k is the new dynamic range, a trap for newbies.

Affordability - Sony is clearly the value leader here, with the most lens flexibility, and they don't cripple bodies through software limitations to nearly the degree that Canon does.

Way wrong, ask all those who get Sony cameras only to then use Canon lenses. Second reason for doubting your honesty.

There are other reasons I'm frustrated as a Canon owner. So talk me off the ledge here. It feels like this is the time for me to dump all my Canon glass, while it's still worth something, and jump ship. Am I wrong? I really would like to be wrong. But Canon just isn't showing me a clear path forward, or at least giving me vague assurances that they're taking the concerns of folks like me into account.

All this lazy reasoning tells me at best you've already made your mind, at worst this is dishonest trolling; so please, go with Sony.

-- hide signature --

The best bokeh goes unnoticed, grasshopper.

photosen's gear list:photosen's gear list
Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 35mm F2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow