Additional travel camera

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tom Ames Senior Member • Posts: 1,440
Additional travel camera

Out of curiosty, having a GFX 50r, what aditional camera would you bring with you for a one month long vacation?

I will bring my 50r w/ 32-64 and the 45mm, but would like to add a smaller camera and maybe some more reach, weathersealing is a nice bonus too.

Alternatives I have been looking at:

Sony RX100VA: Pros: small - Cons: maybe not enough reach and not good in low light
Sony RX100VI: Pros: small long reach - Cons: Not good in low light
Fuji X100F: Pros: good in low light, small enough - Cons: Short reach
Ricoh GRIII: Pros: good in low light, small enough - Cons: Short reach (never used this camera)
Olympus OMD-E-II w/ 12-200: Pros: OK in low light, very good IS, weathersealed - Cons: Expensive, large and the GFX covers much of the use
Sony A9/A7rIII: Good in low light, good reach (with the right lens) Cons: Expensive, heavy, will cover all that the GFX do. Would leave my GFX at home with this set-up
Sony RX1rII: Pros: Good in lowlight, superb lens, small Cons: expensive, not enough reach, same range as the GF45mm
Leica Q: Good in low light Cons: Expensive

Other options?

I hope to use the 50r most of the time, but some times I probably would like a smaller camera. And I will not bring the 50r to the beach

Tom Ames's gear list:Tom Ames's gear list
Nikon Z6 Fujifilm GFX 50R Fujifilm GF 32-64mm F4 Fujifilm GF 110mm F2 Nikon Z 14-30mm F4 +10 more
Fujifilm X100F Ricoh GR III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow