Advice Needed About MacBooks and Also Lightroom

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SeeTheWorld
SeeTheWorld Regular Member • Posts: 341
Advice Needed About MacBooks and Also Lightroom

My computer is at its limit for storage due to both photos (mostly) and documents (less so). I've got an appointment with an Apple Genius on Thursday to show me how to use this external hard drive, that I've had attached to my computer for two years, to get some of these photos off my computer.

Or, I'm thinking of getting a refurbished 4TB MacBook Pro. That would give lots of room to load on photos from my 15 year old PC that's got almost a TB of photos by itself. Those photos are filled with my grown children's childhoods, and I want to make them picture books. I'm really hoping to get that 4TB computer, but, checking finances to see if it's going to happen.

DO you have a better suggestion than either of my two ideas?

In the meantime, I've read that many people do things to their photos in Lightroom. Also, I've got a younger person who majored in photography in college who suggested I get Lightroom. He's planning to help me learn to organize my tens of thousands of photos. I downloaded Lightroom. Almost completely finished filling up my computer, but, I got it.

Now, I'm watching the training vids provided by Lightroom. In one of the first ones, it mentioned that there is Cloud-based Lightroom CC (which I have), and Desktop-based Lightroom CC Classic. The vid says to use whichever one is best for me.

Which one do you use and why? Or, is there another program you recommend?

Thanks!

-- hide signature --

Mary
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world . . ." Margaret Mead

SeeTheWorld's gear list:SeeTheWorld's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Canon PowerShot G5 Canon PowerShot G11 Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 VI +8 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow