Ditching Canon for Sony (talk me off the ledge?)

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Stan in NH Senior Member • Posts: 1,373
Re: Ditching Canon for Sony (talk me off the ledge?)

I use both a Canon 80D and a Sony A6000.  I find there are times when I prefer one camera over the other.  For total versatility and ease of use, I prefer my 80D however, when size and weight become an issue, the A6000 is a perfect carry camera.  Both yield excellent IQ, and have good AF systems.  The Sony has a confusing, albeit extensive, menu structure ... especially compared to Canon's relatively straightforward one.  Also, the 80D has about double or triple the battery life of the smaller Sony.

Canon offers a much larger selection of lenses, competitively priced, with lots of third party offerings.  Sony lenses are very expensive, with less selection and less third party offerings.

Sony's FF offerings are very impressive, and I have been looking at the A7 111 which is an exceptional camera.  Still, there is really nothing my 80D can't do well, so it's hard to justify spending  thousands of dollars for another system right now.  I'm not a video shooter, so can’t really comment on that.

Stan in NH's gear list:Stan in NH's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90V Canon EOS 80D Sony a6400
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow