Is this the reality of EF glass on the A9?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
OP sportyaccordy Forum Pro • Posts: 15,470
Re: I shoot adapted EF glass on Sony bodies every day professionally (MC-11)

blusbyphoto wrote:

Literally every day I shoot my EF mount glass adapted on my A7III's and yesterday shot with the A9. I shoot everything from real estate to weddings. I do not shoot much sports, but for all my uses, I have a significantly higher keeper rate with my EF adapted to E lenses than I did on any of my 5D bodies (I've had them all, since the original 5D).

My personal conclusion is that the adapted glass works better on the Sony bodies than on their native Canon bodies (in my experience). I rarely can even tell the difference in performance from my native Sony glass to my adapted glass.

There is an exception. Some of my older Canon L glass just doesn't work at all with the MC-11. My 24 f1.4L MK1 didn't work, and neither did my 100mm F2.8L Macro.

Obviously for the best of the best performance, a native mount Sony lens will be the best bet. I am quite happy using my adapted lenses professionally and am sure that I am getting better results than I did with my Canon/Canon system.

Everything from real estate to weddings....

Do you shoot any video?

-- hide signature --

Sometimes I take pictures with my gear- https://www.flickr.com/photos/41601371@N00/

sportyaccordy's gear list:sportyaccordy's gear list
NEX-5T Sony a7R II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Sony FE 28mm F2 Samyang 135mm F2.0 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow