Tamron 28-75 2.8 or Sony 85mm 1.8

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
norman shearer Senior Member • Posts: 1,166
Re: Tamron 28-75 2.8 or Sony 85mm 1.8

golfhov wrote:

TheBeard614 wrote:

I was looking to get the Sony 85mm 1.8 for portrait work and have some reach for events to pair with me Zeiss 35mm 2.8. I take a lot of images while hiking (most of my photos) but want to get into more portraits and events. I know the Tamron is still out of stock for the most part but I was thinking of getting it instead of the 85mm so I would have a bit wider than 35mm to use outdoors for waterfalls and landscapes but also get the reach to 75mm. Does anyone have both the fe 85mm 1.8 and the Tamron that could comment on the sharpness between the two.

pure sharpness I would give edge to 85 but the tamron isn't far behind. Outside of maximizing still lifes I think this is pixel peeping to pixel peep

If the 85 1.8 is that much better I will probably get it than a Samyang 24mm to hold me over on the wise end.

pass. The samyang 35 is a good buy. The 24.......well it is small and cheap. It is decent at a few spots but overall the lens isn't great.

I'd concur with this statement. The Samyang AF 35/2.8 is clearly sharper than the Samyang AF 24/2.8. I'd only go for the Samyang 24mm if you need small/light.

norman shearer's gear list:norman shearer's gear list
Samsung EX2F Nikon Coolpix A Sony RX1R Fujifilm X30 Sony RX100 IV +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow