Canon m50, need advise on the best bokeh head to toe solution video

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
GRphotos
OP GRphotos Forum Member • Posts: 67
Re: Canon m50, need advise on the best bokeh head to toe solution video

RLight wrote:

Talking sheer bokeh and head to toe? EF-M 22mm f/2 STM, no contest.

Now for video? That gets tricky. IS is (very) useful for video. EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM has really good IS, but, it's 24mm, not 22 (not as wide, it matters) and it's a full stop slower in bokeh.

I vote EF-M 22mm f/2 STM and use digital IS as it'll crop it a bit, but so does the above EF 24mm in effect, and is larger, heavier, and less bokeh...

How important is the bokeh though over good image stabilization for video? You using a gimbal?

The STM motor in the EF-M 22mm f/2 STM pancake isn't completely silent either, like most lenses including the aforementioned EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM... Some kind of hotshoe mic is recommended for best results too, if you want to do it right.

A EF 22mm with a speedboster will haves its plus and minuses i guess, i do have a monopod and mic on a hot shoe, only the imc was purchased on WISH.com and its crappy, in addition to the grinding teeth sound from the auto focusing of the lenses it makes a a low end buzzy beep sound too.

Should i not be looking for something i can use with the speedbooster to take advantage of that extra stop of light?

GRphotos's gear list:GRphotos's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow