Ditching Canon for Sony (talk me off the ledge?)

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Todd Meyers Senior Member • Posts: 1,149
Ditching Canon for Sony (talk me off the ledge?)

I've been a Canon DSLR shooter since the first digital Rebel. Currently, I've got a decent collection of EF and EF-S lenses, a 70D, a 600D, various flashes and accessories, etc. As I've been a Canon loyalist for going on 20 years, I've watched as Sony went from a small wannabe to actually making me regret being stuck with all this Canon gear.

In-body stabilization - it seems Canon will never do this.

Mirrorless APS-C - it isn't clear if Canon will ever do this, but I'm tired of waiting.

4K video - Canon seems to be the worst among the big players at video.

Affordability - Sony is clearly the value leader here, with the most lens flexibility, and they don't cripple bodies through software limitations to nearly the degree that Canon does.

There are other reasons I'm frustrated as a Canon owner. So talk me off the ledge here. It feels like this is the time for me to dump all my Canon glass, while it's still worth something, and jump ship. Am I wrong? I really would like to be wrong. But Canon just isn't showing me a clear path forward, or at least giving me vague assurances that they're taking the concerns of folks like me into account.

Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow