Can the Z6 autofocus become as good as the A7m3 autofocus with the upcoming firmware update ? Locked

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
The Davinator
The Davinator Forum Pro • Posts: 22,477
Re: Can the Z6 autofocus become as good as the A7m3 autofocus with the upcoming firmware update ?

commiebiker wrote:

JPD2 wrote:

I like the Z6 a lot, but the Sony A7m3 has considerably better autofocus in lower light. I don't know much really about mirrorless cameras, and I am wondering if the firmware upgrade coming on May 18th will allow the Nikon Z6 to match the low light autofocus abilities of the Sony ?

No offence, but if by your own admission you "don't know much about mirrorless cameras" you should be careful making any assumptions about either system.

I've been using the Z cameras since day one and don't have any issues focusing in challenging light. I used the Sony A7 system (Mark ii) extensively before that. Nikon is already ahead of the Sony generation 1 and 2. I won't speak to the latest versions because I don't have personal knowledge.

Here is my point though. Go to my web site and tell me if you can see the difference between shots taken with the Nikon Z6 /7, the Sony A7s/Rii, or the Nikon D4 / 700 /3s.

All these cameras are highly capable if people take the time to learn how to use them. All these people niggling about features like eye AF make me want to laugh..or maybe cry

The way some Sony users have been going on about how they now need eye AF and animal eye AF...you'd think they could never focus a camera before.

The Davinator's gear list:The Davinator's gear list
Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow