Is this the reality of EF glass on the A9?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sportyaccordy Forum Pro • Posts: 15,500
Is this the reality of EF glass on the A9?

Long video but you get the gist at the beginning and end.

I have had decent luck adapting EF glass to various gen 2 and 3 FE bodies, but there are definitely still limitations. However, basic and more affordable native glass like 3rd party 2.8 zooms and a 35/1.8 still aren't available 5 years in. For example Tamron G2 2.8 standard and tele + 35 1.8 is nearly half the price of the standard + tele GM and the 35 2.8. Obviously 3rd party lenses are generally cheaper than 1st party ones but not always (Tamron 35 1.8 vs Canon 35/2 IS for example). Hopefully now with Canikon in the FF MILC game 3rd party manufacturers will be more expiditious in porting these basic lenses over. Because currently adapted functionality, even with Sony A glass, is limited.

-- hide signature --

Sometimes I take pictures with my gear- https://www.flickr.com/photos/41601371@N00/

sportyaccordy's gear list:sportyaccordy's gear list
NEX-5T Sony a7R II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Sony FE 28mm F2 Samyang 135mm F2.0 +3 more
Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow