Conspicuous Consumption

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
RDKirk Forum Pro • Posts: 15,154
Re: Conspicuous Consumption

Michael Fryd wrote:

Photomonkey wrote:

Good marketing is a total experience. From the first impression of your website to the phone or in person meeting. Projection of confidence and agreeability is a key determinant in getting the sale.

You are correct that the best marketing wins. My contention is that making a statement about gear is a rookie marketing mistake. My clients are commercial clients with a degree of sophistication that (IMO) would see such a declaration as a sign of insecurity and inexperience.

Good marketing is usually tailored to the the target market. The OP was talking about a wedding photographer. I suspect his target market is not as sophisticated as your commercial clients.

And as I said earlier, there are wedding websites and publications that explicitly tell brides to look for photographers who use specifically Canon and Nikon cameras.

Those brides might not know a Canon from a canary, but if The Knot tells them that's what they're supposed to look for, then that's what they'll look for.

RDKirk
'TANSTAAFL: The only unbreakable rule in photography.'

RDKirk's gear list:RDKirk's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EOS 80D Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow