Conspicuous Consumption

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP lbuclk= Veteran Member • Posts: 4,260
Re: Conspicuous Consumption

Michael Fryd wrote:

Photomonkey wrote:

Good marketing is a total experience. From the first impression of your website to the phone or in person meeting. Projection of confidence and agreeability is a key determinant in getting the sale.

You are correct that the best marketing wins. My contention is that making a statement about gear is a rookie marketing mistake. My clients are commercial clients with a degree of sophistication that (IMO) would see such a declaration as a sign of insecurity and inexperience.

Good marketing is usually tailored to the the target market. The OP was talking about a wedding photographer. I suspect his target market is not as sophisticated as your commercial clients.

the wedding shooter was the subject that I left out, as for the C.C. post, while mentioning a high end camera kit does not mean you can do the job. most people would not know a $5,000 camera from a $200.00 camera unless you left the price tag on. I had an assignment to shoot some college chemistry students in their lab. the the professor saw the photos later and criticized one of the students for not using the latest model of a piece of equipment that to me looked like just another piece of lab material.

how many people outside of photography, know a high end camera when they see one? only photographers, pro or amateur would recognize it on sight in most cases. your work should speak for you.

-- hide signature --

28+ years as a freelancer,(news,magazine, wedding photography) camera equip. over the years: Practica MLT, Canon A1, Minolta 9xi, 7xi, Dimage Z1,Fuji 5200,Canon S2,Pentax K100D,Olympus 380,Canon SX 10, Canon 40D ( http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v104/Buckl/ )

lbuclk='s gear list:lbuclk='s gear list
Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 10D Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 600D +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow