X-T100 hogged by writing to SD card

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
horizont Forum Member • Posts: 77
X-T100 hogged by writing to SD card

X-T100 has some weird behavior. When data is being written to the SD card, many functionalities are crippled. Don't know why since it looks stupid.

When camera is writing to SD card:
- It's not possible to change the focusing point (meaning you are stuck with the same focusing point until buffer is emptied. You can shoot photos, but then you can't change the focusing point even longer)
- If you were using viewfinder, you can't review photos on the LCS screen (playback is stuck to viewfinder until entire buffer is written to the SD card. Note - it works in the viewfinder, camera is just crippled to switch the view to LCD)
- It's not possible to use MF assist magnifier view in viewfinder (on LCD it works).
- Q (quick menu) doesn't open
- white balance can't be set
- menu can't be open
- self timer can't be selected
- shooting mode can't be changed

This list is IMO ridiculous. Even more because some other even advanced stuff does work. Like changing display mode including showing live histogram, changing ISO and exposure compensation, eye sensor switch from LCD to viewfinder, touchscreen commands to change AF modes etc.

I really hope these are bugs that will be resolved with FW upgrades. I'm getting frustrated. Fast SD card helps, but doesn't eliminate the problems. I would pay for better body, but there is no better Fuji X with Bayer. And I really don't understand why such behavior - I can't connect the dots. Why is writing to SD card so processor hungry Come on...

horizont's gear list:horizont's gear list
Fujifilm X-T100 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 II Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Nikon D7000 +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow