a9 error with Profoto Air Remote

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Joe Tam Senior Member • Posts: 1,046
a9 error with Profoto Air Remote

Hi,

I get a "This accessory is not supported by the device and cannot be used. Please verify the compatibility with the device." when I mount the Air Remote with latest firmware 3 on my firmware 5 A9s.

I have firmly seated the air remote and turned on the wireless flash setting.  When the error goes away(it comes back periodically) I also cannot get hi-speed sync to work when I set the shutter speed to higher than 1/250th.

I  got the 2 A9 about 3 months ago and was aware of how a drop of moisture can cause issues on the A9.  I did not use the camera in any sort of drizzle or rain.  I shoot a lot indoors and pretty much pack up my gear when I leave the building.

The error is popping up on both cameras and I hear that moisture can cause corrosion on the muilti-interface shoe causing the hotshoe to fail.

Has anyone had this issue and how did you fix it?  I have not subjected my cameras to any sort of weather and this is very sad experience with a camera that is incredible in so many ways.

Joe Tam's gear list:Joe Tam's gear list
Nikon D5 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 400mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +7 more
Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow