1,300 glass plates seized from... Locked

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
foot Veteran Member • Posts: 3,863
1,300 glass plates seized from...

Thank you for posting this. It helps document an important part of history. An evil part of history that should never be repeated. I've listened to some of Hitler's early speeches and he clearly sounds like the village idiot. He had no loyalty or love for anyone, not even the German people who he sent to be slaughtered by the millions, and made sure Germany would be burned to the ground instead of surrendering. Look up "night of 1,000 knifes" Sometimes called "Night of the long knives" to see how he treated his original followers.

"1,300 glass plates seized from Hitler’s personal photographer digitized by US National Archive"

https://www.dpreview.com/news/1372855349/1300-glass-plates-seized-from-hitler-s-personal-photographer-digitized-by-us-national-archive

There is another evil influence on the "modern world" (circa 1900's):

Edward Bernays

"Goebbels [...] was using my book Crystallizing Public Opinion as a basis for his destructive campaign against the Jews of Germany. This shocked me. "

And not just that evil but also the evil of tobacco and women's smoking:

"To overcome “sales resistance” to cigarette smoking among women, Bernays staged a demonstration at the 1929 Easter parade, having fashionable young women flaunt their “torches of freedom."

foot's gear list:foot's gear list
Sigma dp2 Quattro
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow